- 4 Perfect Paleo Dinner Recipes (And 1 Paleo Dessert!)
- 4 Reasons You’re NOT Losing Weight
- Paleo Diet and Belly Fat: Eliminate Belly Fat and Elevate Your Life
- Paleo Diet and Skin: Looking and Feeling Youthful and Sexy
- My 3 Paleo New Year’s Resolutions
- Eating for Recovery: Paleo Diet Detox
- Paleo Dessert Cravings: Paleo Pumpkin Muffins Recipe
- A Very Merry Paleo Christmas Menu 2014
- Paleo Egg Nog: For the Cold-Hearted Scrooge in All of Us
- Why Are We Obese?: How to Stop the Epidemic
Cauliflower: The Perfect Potato Substitute
White Potatoes are NOT the devil in the Paleo world! A lot of Paleo-holics choose to include Organic White Potato in their diet. I generally avoid it unless I am training for a race or am not concerned about maintaining a weight goal.
One of my favorite Paleo food substitutions is Cauliflower in place white potato. I can’t lie and say that it “Tastes just like potato” but I can tell you that it is pretty darn close.
Did you know that Cauliflower has awesome healing benefits and daily nutritional benefits?
- A great source of vitamin C & K, protein, riboflavin, magnesium, phosphorus, fiber, vitamin B6, folate, and potassium.
- Studies show it can help fight cancer
- Boosts your heart health when eaten regularly
- Healthy for gut and digestion
- It tastes delicious!
Here are a few ways that I love to use Cauliflower rather than Potato in our weekly meals
Cauliflower Hash: Place Cauliflower in a food Processor and blend until you get a rice like texture. Add Salt, Pepper and one egg. Place in a frying pan with Coconut oil and lightly brown each side until crispy, hah like texture.
Cauliflower Mash: Boil the Florets until they are tender and then mash them just like you would Potato. Add Salt, Pepper, Ghee and Almond milk for a creamy texture.
Cauliflower Rice: Place Florets in a food processor and blend until you get a rice like texture. Put it in a saucepan and add Broth or water. Boil for 8 min or until rice it tender
Cauliflower Crust: Check out this recipe Cauliflower Pizza Crust