- 4 Perfect Paleo Dinner Recipes (And 1 Paleo Dessert!)
- 4 Reasons You’re NOT Losing Weight
- Paleo Diet and Belly Fat: Eliminate Belly Fat and Elevate Your Life
- Paleo Diet and Skin: Looking and Feeling Youthful and Sexy
- My 3 Paleo New Year’s Resolutions
- Eating for Recovery: Paleo Diet Detox
- Paleo Dessert Cravings: Paleo Pumpkin Muffins Recipe
- A Very Merry Paleo Christmas Menu 2014
- Paleo Egg Nog: For the Cold-Hearted Scrooge in All of Us
- Why Are We Obese?: How to Stop the Epidemic
Top 4 Recipes for Paleo Almond Milk
The Paleo diet lifestyle falls away from dairy, giving relief to your insulin levels and your waistline. But that time-honored glass of milk still takes its claim in your life, doesn’t it? From the Paleo cereal I eat for a snack in the afternoon to the Paleo baking I do in the evening, non-dairy milk follows me wherever I go.
Unfortunately, the store-bought brands of Paleo almond milk are lacking in nutrition and are further pulsing with additives.
Look at the ingredients list of your so-called “Paleo-friendly” almond milk. No matter the brand, it’s rich with scary-sounding things like: tapioca starch, tocopherol, potassium citrate, and a bunch of other eight-letter long ingredients that don’t, exactly, resemble the simple word “almond.” Yikes.
Not to worry! All is not lost. You can make almond milk pretty easily at home–without all the preservatives. Best of all: if you buy the ingredients in bulk, I’ve found that making almond milk at home (with my nut bag, my food processor, and my awesome spices) is actually cheaper than buying carton after carton at the store.
Look to the following Paleo almond recipes to kick-start your natural lifestyle!
Danielle Walker’s stunning blog post illustrates a simplistic approach to making almond milk at home, without the preservatives.
Step-by-step instructions and enticing vanilla flavor really boost this almond milk into health food heaven.
If you’re looking to enhance your almond milk game with natural cocoa flavor, look to Paleo in PDX’s awesome recipe for chocolate almond milk. So creamy and delicious, you’ll forget you went dairy-free! (But your insides won’t.)
Tori Avey adds a touch of natural sweetness to this super-creamy almond milk, bringing perfection to your next cup of coffee or tea!
Enjoy your Paleo almond milk making adventures, and fuel yourself with natural ingredients!