- 4 Perfect Paleo Dinner Recipes (And 1 Paleo Dessert!)
- 4 Reasons You’re NOT Losing Weight
- Paleo Diet and Belly Fat: Eliminate Belly Fat and Elevate Your Life
- Paleo Diet and Skin: Looking and Feeling Youthful and Sexy
- My 3 Paleo New Year’s Resolutions
- Eating for Recovery: Paleo Diet Detox
- Paleo Dessert Cravings: Paleo Pumpkin Muffins Recipe
- A Very Merry Paleo Christmas Menu 2014
- Paleo Egg Nog: For the Cold-Hearted Scrooge in All of Us
- Why Are We Obese?: How to Stop the Epidemic
Hungry on Paleo?: Watch This Ultimate Paleo Guide Video
Many people report being hungry on Paleo during their first few weeks out. If this is you: I feel your pain. I remember my first few weeks. The continuous sugar cravings. The stomach rumblings. The headaches. I knew I wanted to start eating Paleo, but I didn’t know why I was so hungry on Paleo. HELP!
Honestly, you need to take a look at what you’re eating. You know you’re following the Paleo diet. After all, you’ve downloaded the Paleo lists, read my cut-sugar-cravings-stat guide, and started cooking with these essential Paleo kitchen tools.
However! You should look at the following most-common causes for feeling hungry on Paleo, and then you should watch the Ultimate Paleo Guide Video to hear what a honed Paleo expert has to say.
1. You are drinking your caloric intake.
Sure: you don’t drink pop or milk anymore. But if you’ve paved the way to continuous smoothie intake, your body is allowing the foods to slide gracefully through your digestive system, without paying much attention. You need to give your digestive system more to handle. You need to give it something to do. Look to more real foods moving forward.
2. You aren’t eating enough fat.
Remember that the “low fat” diet craze of the past was just that: a diet craze. Strip yourself of your fear of fat, and start consuming things like: nuts, avocados, and meat-sources.
3. You aren’t eating enough protein.
If you’re hungry on Paleo, you probably aren’t eating enough protein. Try to assimilate at least 10-15 grams of protein into each and every meal throughout the day: from breakfast to your late-night snack. Protein is the all-time satiety element. It fuels you with energy and helps you forget about hunger. (That’s why it’s the number one weight loss element, as well.)
Anyway: check out what the Ultimate Paleo Guide Video has to say about this loathsome hunger situation. Live well!