- 4 Perfect Paleo Dinner Recipes (And 1 Paleo Dessert!)
- 4 Reasons You’re NOT Losing Weight
- Paleo Diet and Belly Fat: Eliminate Belly Fat and Elevate Your Life
- Paleo Diet and Skin: Looking and Feeling Youthful and Sexy
- My 3 Paleo New Year’s Resolutions
- Eating for Recovery: Paleo Diet Detox
- Paleo Dessert Cravings: Paleo Pumpkin Muffins Recipe
- A Very Merry Paleo Christmas Menu 2014
- Paleo Egg Nog: For the Cold-Hearted Scrooge in All of Us
- Why Are We Obese?: How to Stop the Epidemic
DIY Body Scrub with Paleo Coconut Oil
All right, guys. Let’s talk Paleo coconut oil. Coconut oil–found bobbing in those coconuts down south–is a hot topic with Paleo dieters everywhere. In fact, I could call coconut oil the overarching king (or queen) of natural diets. The stuff is absolutely bursting with benefits.
What, exactly, is coconut oil?
Paleo coconut oil is much like other Paleo oils, like olive oil, in texture. It stems from the meat of coconuts and brings with it about ninety percent saturated fat and other monunsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, which are both essential for brain function. However, the difference between coconut oil and other fats lies in its molecular structure. Essentially, the stuff is made of medium-chain fatty acids, which fuels essential healing elements on a cellular level.
The Benefits of Coconut Oil
Paleo coconut oil does so much for both your insides and your outsides, fueling you with beauty on both a cellular and an exterior level.
1. It is an ultimate antiviral and antibacterial element, thus lowering your risk of disease.
2. It escalates your metabolism and works to help you lose weight (when consumed, obviously).
3. It alters your hormones to bring overall hormonal balance, thus allowing you to KEEP the weight off.
4. It works to heal your digestive system and alleviate leaky gut syndrome.
5. When utilized topically, like this DIY sugar scrub, Paleo coconut oil protects your skin from wrinkles, sun spots, and aging. Furthermore, it fuels your skin with hydration, giving it a boost in color and life.
6. Paleo coconut oil further alleviates skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
7. It boosts your hair’s beauty and brings overall health to your scalp.
8. And eight million other things that one blogger can’t possibly type up in one afternoon.
Paleo coconut oil clearly stimulates your body with health and life. Look to the following DIY body scrub with Paleo coconut oil to bring beauty to your skin–especially during these winter months. Furthermore, don’t waste money on store-bought products! Seriously: all the body scrubs I used to buy in the past were filled with chemicals. When I switched to natural, coconut oil-based solutions, I saved money and I brought anti-aging capabilities to my skin on a cellular level.
Note that this coconut oil body scrub is for the BODY–not the face. The face needs something a bit softer for its unique tissues. Note that I’ll cover my favorite Paleo coconut oil facial scrub in a future post. Stay tuned!
Paleo Coconut Oil DIY Body Scrub
|3/4 cup solid, unrefined coconut oil|
|1 1/4 cup white sugar|
|5-10 drops lavender or peppermint essential oil|
|Begin by placing the solid coconut oil in a glass bowl and whisking the coconut oil with your "whisk" attachment to create a whip-like consistency. This should take about twelve minutes. Every few minutes, make sure to scrape down the sides of your bowl to remain consistent.|
|Next, add the white sugar and your essential oils. Whisk the ingredients together for an additional three minutes before pouring the body scrub into a sealable, sanitized container.|
|This DIY Paleo coconut oil body scrub should last about three months if kept in a cool, dark location.|
|Enjoy the beneficial boost of life-affirming coconut oil, or gift a few coconut oil scrubs out to friends and family for the holidays!|